Monday, January 9, 2012

Terremoto from a High Rise!

I was looking out my office window when the floor started to move back and forth. Then my hand on the mouse started to move across across the desk... THEN the building seemed to sway back and forth. I tried to focus on an object outside to see the motion of the earth, but it was beyond my ability.
I felt instant motion sickness and pressure. The tremor lasted no more than 40 seconds max...but it took me over 20 minutes to get "normal" again. It was a feeling that I could not control...
If you go to the link below, you will find the USGS link to see
all the quakes of the day. All you have to do is click on a location.
Today's quake in Santiago registered 5.1. It came from the north...57 KM deep. It was a deep wave quake.
I have no desire to ride 19 floors down in a building collapse! Fortunately, the world trade building has visible expansion joints, which popped in the 2010 epic quake that killed hundreds and set of a massive tsunami...

Click on the location of the day to see the Earthquakes...

Wanna see a video of what it's like? Watch how it moves from a 5.5 to 9.1 on the Richter scale...

2 comments:

  1. It is a brave person who

    mows the yard barefoot
    raises babies with pitbulls
    works in a skyscraper in an active earthquake zone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courage is bravery, boldness, fearlessness, mettle, fortitude, balls, and/or intrepidity. It is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.
    Courage is broken down into four main subcategories: Bravery, Perseverance, Honesty, and Zest. It is also one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
    Somehow...I don't think I fit this picture...but thank you for thinking so...

    ReplyDelete