Friday, October 14, 2011

Home Sweet Santiago!

Can you say PENTHOUSE!!
Yes, I rented a penthouse older apartment on the north side of Santiago very close to the office. Next week I sign the lease and begin to move in.
Here are a few views from the top...
 The Chilean's call this " The Cordillera..."
The Penthouse has retractable awnings to shade out the sun. The west and north side are all glass double paned doors, which bring in the breeze when the ozone is not too bad. From everywhere, you can see The Andes. There is a walking park down below that one can walk or bike for miles just within view....
I am hopeful that all the glass on the west side will help warm the apartment in winter. I have to find a way to construct some pop can air heaters....so my heating bill will be lower.
And who knows....maybe I can install some solar panels???
I am on the roof you know!




If you look closely, this photo is of the front gate of the American Embassy in Santiago. I could not ask for a safer place to be!






See the construction of the tallest tower in Chile in the background?
This construction zone is across the street from the World Trade Building where I work. The Penthouse is a 20 minute walk (mas o menos) to work on good weather days. I plan to hump it to the office once this building is complete because they are also constructing a six story shopping mall attached to this tower. The traffic is already horrendous...so trying to get out of the parking garage to enter traffic will be near impossible until 9:00 at night.

 This is an art sculpture in front of the World Trade Center. Do you see the yellow, well-appendaged, naked man running the loop?








Wonder what this is supposed to mean?
Art....

No comments:

Post a Comment